TOWN OF GLOCESTER: FINANCE DIRECTOR
The Town of Glocester, RI seeks applicants for the position of Finance Director. Forward letter of interest and resume to Town of Glocester, Personnel Office, 1145 Putnam Pike, P.O. Box B, Chepachet, RI 02814 or to email@example.com. Application period closes at 4:00 PM., November 27, 2013.
TOWN OF GLOCESTER DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY: DISPATCHER
The Town of Glocester is now accepting applications for a full-time dispatcher position. Candidate must be available to work all shifts plus various on-call hours with short notice. General duties will include dispatching police and fire emergency services, greeting the public, and performing typing, filing and computer work (data entry, records management software). Good communication and people skills, ability to successfully function and multi-task in high stress situations, as well as familiarity with computers, are highly desirable attributes of candidates for this position. Preference will be given to prospective applicants who have prior fire service and law enforcement dispatch experience. In order to qualify for this position, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Submit to a fingerprint national record check to disclose any criminal record.
- Be of good character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the General Education Development (GED) test.
- Be examined by a licensed physician and meet physical requirements.
- Must pass hearing and vision tests.
- Successfully pass a departmental interview.
- Possess a valid Rhode Island driver's license.
- Physical activity requires some light lifting, walking, bending, stooping, and sitting.
Application period will close at 4:00 PM on Friday, November 22, 2013. Application packages and position descriptions are available at Glocester Police Station, 162 Chopmist Hill Road, Chepachet, RI. The Town of Glocester does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. Online applications will not be accepted.
The Town of Glocester does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability. EOE.
The Town of Glocester is an Equal Opportunity Employer.