90th Annual Ancients & Horribles Parade
MONDAY, JULY 4, 2016
Nothing is sacred as Glocester locals spoof local and national politics during the famous Ancients & Horribles Parade on the Fourth of July. The parade first wound its way down Main Street in Chepachet in 1926 and, with the help of many dedicated volunteers, has continued to delight Glocester residents (and many others) each and every year since.
The Ancients & Horribles Parade Committee was established at the Glocester Town Council Meeting of April 17, 2003. Terms are ongoing. Committee Membership includes 9 voting members, 1 alternate voting member, and unlimited ad hoc non-voting members. The purpose of the Committee is to organize and oversee all Parade related activities (fireworks, fund raising, grants, vendors, bands, etc.) while observing all Town Ordinances, policies and other guidelines as the Town Council deems necessary.
Keep reading to learn how you can support and be a part of our Town’s tradition.
Volunteers and donations are always needed.
Please contact Parade Chair Mike DeGrange at email@example.com and let him know how you want to help!
4TH OF JULY WEEKEND SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
All Events are at Glocester Memorial Park (behind Senior Center) with exception of the Road Race.
Proceeds received from the Carnival go towards funding the events for next year! Come out, have fun, and support the events!
Friday, July 1st, 2016
- 6:00 PM - Carnival Opens
- 7:00 PM - Band (No Recall)
- 10:00 PM - Carnival Closes
Saturday, July 2nd, 2016
- 11:00 AM - Live Music (Junior Musicians)
- 12:00 PM - 4th Annual Battle of the Bands
- 1:00 PM - Carnival Opens
- 6:00 PM - Live Music (Clambake)
- 7:00 PM - Veteran Appreciation Ceremony
- 7:00 PM - Live Music (Steve Malec and the Electric Flood)
- 9:00 PM - Third Annual 4th of July Fireworks Celebration (Rain Date 7/3/16)
- 11:00 PM - Carnival Closes
Sunday, July 3rd, 2016
- 2:00 PM - Carnival Opens with Games for Children
- 4:00 PM - 3rd Annual Special Ingredient Chef Challenge
- 6:00 PM - Live Music (Red Hot Rascals)
- 9:00 PM - Carnival Closes (11:00 PM close if fireworks are rained out 7/2/16)
Monday, July 4th, 2016
- 9:00 AM - 4th of July Road Race
Chepachet Union Church
Pre-register online or by mail before June 29th and save 50% on registration fees.
Mail-In Registration : Online Registration
- 3:00 PM - Parade Judging
- 4:00 PM - Parade Starts